Click here for New Zealand’s first directory of good brands, an evolving guide of NZ-made and/or NZ-designed ethical and sustainable fashion labels doing great things or getting better and better.
- This is based on my opinion however, I have done solid research:
- interviewed some of the founders/designers, cross-referencing other sources such as Good On You App, Tearfund, others in the industry, Google, blogs/articles, and the websites of brands.
- I’m a journalist, so I’m not easily greenwashed!
- Brands are rated by stars * from 1-5, 5 being the most ethical, 1 being good enough to make it on the directory but not quite there yet.
- The fifth star is usually reserved for products that are made – as in cut and assembled and dyed – in NZ.
- No stars? Haven’t yet decided!!
- In the future price will be included too by $$$$$. And there’s a handy wee glossary at the end.